Back Pain, neck pain and symptoms caused by a spinal condition are a common problem for many adult Americans. The different parts of the spine are normally well balanced and able to handle the movements, stresses, and strains of the body gracefully. However, when parts of the neck or back are injured or start to wear out, it can be a significant source of pain and discomfort.
When describing symptoms to your doctor use adjectives like dull, aching, hot, or throbbing and make sure to include the duration of these symptoms.
Below are some common symptoms. To learn more, click on the symptom that you have been experiencing:
If any of the following symptoms occur, contact a doctor immediately:
- Pain is worse when you cough or sneeze
- Pain or numbness travels down one or both legs
- Pain awakens you from sleep
- You are finding it difficult to pass urine or have a bowel movement
- Pain is accompanied by loss of control of urination or bowel movements
These important symptoms could signal nerve damage or other serious medical problems. There are many other conditions that could be causing these problems, but an early and accurate diagnosis is vital for successful treatment.